Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Apologies



I don’t know if anyone will be reading this, but I felt the need to explain my long absence, so I decided to write this post. Let me apologize for my being absent for so long without any sort of explanation before. I had some severe personal problems that I prefer not to specify here, but I have them more or less figured out now. However, I will not continue this blog, at least not for the next few months because I am doing my semester abroad now and it’s hard to find any free time at all. I am always at university or at some sort of Erasmus event with some friends.  

So, for anyone who is interested in knowing more about this, well, I am in Rome now. Actually, I applied for Erasmus (in case you’ve never heard of it, it’s a European exchange program) in England, but at my university there were only four places available while about 200 students applied for it. But they offered me to go somewhere else. So, I ended up choosing Rome, since I learned some Italian at school and I’ve always wanted to see Rome. I’ve never been there before, I’ve also never been abroad alone or for more than two weeks, so as you can imagine coming here was quite exciting for me. 

And I have to say, I absolutely love it. There are so many beautiful places to visit here, there’s always something new to see. I love being abroad anyway and I love the Italian language. I love waking up in the morning with my window open and hearing people in the streets talk in Italian. Of course, it’s also much warmer here than in Germany. What I love most is meeting so many people from all over the world (mostly Europe) and making friends with them. I actually even avoid the other German students. I mean, there are enough of them in Germany, so why would I want to spend all my time here with Germans? The only slightly negative thing about talking to all sorts of different people all the time is that I feel like my English is actually getting worse here. Most of the Erasmus students don’t know much Italian, so we usually talk in English. Unfortunately, so far I haven’t met any native speakers and a lot of the students are not very good at English, so you have to try to adapt a little so that they can understand you. By the time I am back, I will probably speak English with an Italian or a Lithuanian accent; Lithuanian because I am currently spending most of my time with two girls from Lithuania. 

By the way, one thing that you should NOT do here is being out alone at night as a young woman. I always meet with some friends when I go out, but Rome is so big and no one lives near my apartment, so at first I always went home alone. Normally I don’t have a problem with that, I also do that in Germany and I am not someone who is easily scared anyway. But I can tell you that it was not a good idea.
I had to learn quite fast that even during the day, it can be quite difficult. Something that I still don’t know how to do is being unfriendly with men. I am used to trying to be friendly and normally, when I’m not interested, I still try to let them know politely and in Germany that works. But in that aspect, Rome is very different from where I come from. So, I’ve been told that I am too nice. 

Anyway, I am going back to university now. Actually I just wanted to explain why I haven't been around anymore. Again, I am sorry for not having continued my posts like I said I would. But I hope you understand. If you have any questions about Rome or anything else, don’t hesitate to ask. 
I hope all of you are fine and have a great time, wherever you are.

8 comments:

  1. Kleopatra, so wonderful to hear you're doing well and have embarked on this new adventure. I remember you were having family problems in Germany and it must be a relief to be away from all that and in such a stimulating environment. I always enjoyed your contributions to the BC forum, all your posts and comments showed such intelligence, insight and good feeling. Wishing you all the best in the coming year. I do hope you'll drop by from time to time to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to see you back here Kleopatra, even if it's for a short while. I had full confidence that sooner or later you would find a way to manage your affairs and come out on top.
    Wow, you ended up in Rome. It's a beautiful country steeped in culture and history and the food is amazing, as you now know. I so glad you're in a happier place and environment too.

    Kleopatra, you're got a brilliant opportunity right now to make life work the way you want it to. Grasp it with both hands and learn from the past. Study hard and make that dream happen, don't allow anyone or anything to get in your way. I'm wishing you all the best for the future, and hope you'll keep in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post.. pls follow back www.wartavaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you are doing ok....missed your posts and gonna miss it more :( but I wish you good luck on your new adventure! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really glad to hear from you Kleopatra!! Wishing you good luck and all the very best for your new journey. You will do great...for sure. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelopatra, I'm quite late in knowing you have a post here. It's because I myself wasn't in blogsphere for quite awhile. It's nice getting updates of what you're doing presently. All the best in your studies and your life. Looking forward to hearing from you again at some other times. Love, Balqis

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck for your semester and wish you a great year ahead too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $250 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete