Saturday, January 5, 2013

Setting Priorities...

It’s about 2 AM where I live and after having worked on writing a paper for university all day (more or less), I decided to go to sleep. Well, I couldn’t fall asleep with all those things I have yet to do going on in my mind, so I got up again. I don’t even know where to start, should I finish my paper, should I finally work on my application for my semester abroad, should I catch up on all the Chinese vocabulary or should I try to study for that math test that I will most likely fail if I don’t start understanding anything very soon. Or should I prepare that presentation that needs to be done for the next week? And what about the nine other exams I have to study for? (And this is only concerning university, my life happens to consist of other things too.) I wanted to get all these things done during Christmas holiday. There are only two days left. You see, there  is not much time left to work on my blog, actually the days are way too short to get at least some of these things done, especially because after the holidays I am at university for about 12 hours almost every day again, so there is not much time to catch up on all these things anyway. 

That’s why I decided that I eventually have to set priorities if I want to pass any of my exams and go on that semester abroad (which I really, really want to, I have been looking forward to this for a long time). 
So, I am sorry to announce this, but I will be on a temporary hiatus for some weeks. 
As I don’t want to give up blogging permanently, however, I consider this as a break and will return when my exams for this semester are done, that is probably at the middle or the end of February.
I will still be around to continue commenting on my favourite blogs when taking a break from studying, but there won’t be enough time to write any articles. Actually I even have some ideas, I just wish I also had the time to get them written down. Of course I could do that quickly, but if I wrote them while being stressed like this, they would be really bad, I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on writing them.
I also wanted to use this opportunity to thank all of you people that continued to come back here and all of you who have left their comments, I truly appreciate every one of them. Thank you for the support and for your wonderful opinions on whatever I decided to write.
So, I’ll probably be back in about six weeks (that’s actually not that long) with new posts and I would love if you too returned to read them. I hope you have a great time with whatever you are doing for the next weeks.

25 comments:

  1. Oh No Kleopatra, but I totally understand the position you are in right now. Getting those qualifications after all that studying is a priority and a future, if you know what I mean.

    I will definitely miss your articles, which always gave me food for thought as you sometimes came from a different angle, but like you said, it's only for a very short time. Don't make me have to come find you in Germany :)

    All the best in your studies, you will do well, and you won't lose me as a reader, no way, so of course I'll be back. In fact I'll keep checking this blog just in case you return early - just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had to force myself to do this, but it's really necessary to focus on my studies right now because these tests are quite important.
      But I'll be back :)

      Thank you for commenting on my articles, your comments too did give me food for thought, I appreciate your views greatly.

      Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
    2. Kleopatra, it's MARCH and I'm missing your wonderful posts. Where are you? and I hope you've completed all your exams and everything is working out well for you. Have you chosen where you're going yet?

      Delete
    3. RPD, it's nice to hear from you. I'm sorry I haven't written anything yet. I've had some issues over here, and I am not sure when or even if I will continue blogging, although I would like to...
      I have completed all my exams though. I haven't chosen where I'm going yet, I've applied for England, Ireland and China and now I have to wait for acceptances.
      I hope all is well with you!

      Delete
    4. Hey Kleo! Its been ages! i'm sorry about my disappearance :) i've been so busy trying tosettle in university. i'm settled in now and back on blogger. hope u've been ok :) see you online ok?? soo loooking forward to reading your blog again :)

      Delete
    5. Hey, I'm glad you're back :) I've been on a break too.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, just when i discovered your blog! But I totally understand that situation, and christmas holidays never really help to prepare exams...Where are you going, if I may ask? Best of luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the semester abroad, actually I don’t even know yet. I am applying for one in Great Britain and in China. But at my university there are about 500 applicants for GB each semester and only 4 to 6 get to be chosen to go there. I also want to try the US, but I haven’t really figured out some details on how to do that yet, the application procedures are all so different. So it’s probably going to be China :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Wow, that's a lot of competition! In Spain is a bit more easy...

      But China sounds great, hope you'll make it. In the meantime, I have nominated you for the Liebster award, in case you want to participate on it when you are less busy. It's a bit tedious, but I somehow wanted to list you there even if you don't, since this blog is really worth a read.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, hope so too. Thank you so much for nominating me! But to be honest I don't think I'll have enough time for it, hope that's ok with you!

      Delete
  3. Here's another award for the collection: http://weirdn-wonderful.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-versatile-blogger-award-or-liebster.html :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K.

    I know you are up to the brows in things to do, but maybe this distraction I try to bring to you can give a little rest.

    I (we, Elf and I) choose you to receive the Liebster Award, so you should answer some questions and laugh about.

    Just visit my blog http://famelesswritings.blogspot.com for details.

    Really hope to help, but if I annoy you with this, please be lenient and just ignore me. This is the kind of things that has no priority at all!

    My best to you!

    Odliam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me and I am so sorry I haven't replied earlier!

      You were not at all annoying me, but I've had some problems with various things, so that I didn't get to do anything that had to do with blogging.

      Delete
  5. Oh cool you're going abroad?! Man that has to be nice. I wanted to visit South Korea and you should have heard all the negativity I got. But I'm excited for you! I've been learning Korean and learning how to write Hangul. From what I understand Chinese and Korean written word or symbols are quite similar since Hangul is derived from the Chinese. Well I sure home you make it to China. Take a bunch of pictures when you get there, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, learning Korean is probably quite difficult too and it's also rare, I don't know anyone who is learning it. Thank you! I will definitely take a lot of pictures. :)

      Delete
  6. This is amazing, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post, thank you for sharing. I look forward to your future entries!!! Xx. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you write!

    Sarah
    http://sarahmelenhorst-likeitis.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster blog award. I would love if you had time to check it out and join in the fun. http://www.lifeisonlywhatyoumakeit.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous23/3/13 03:34

    Nice info Bro... Wish you the best blogger and popularity.

    Regards,
    Part-two

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kleopatra;

    I wrote a short article regarding what I called a BLOG CLOG. It's when you just have to many things to write that it actually short circuited your thoughts and you were actually paralyzed and cannot even think right how to start writing one.

    But you got some awesome writings going on. . .thank you for dropping by
    LEON

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kleo! Blogging buddy. its been sooo long! life is getting pretty busy huh. oh well hope u are doin ok! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Respected ...
    very glad to see your blog..
    u words may give great inspiration to create many ..
    so see my blog and give your words..
    www.kondaveetiphotography.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete